Do you want to know what the considerable difference between native advertising and content marketing is? How both of them are different from one another and how they help you in digital marketing is a debating question.
If you look into the world of digital marketing, you will find two major terms from the world of advertising, and that is none other than “content marketing” and native marketing.” Both of these methods are essential when it comes to the advertisement of the business through some basic online marketing strategies.
We all know that content is the main king. But still, advertisement and content marketing is the main medium with which you can interact with millions of people. Both the structures are different from one another. But you should understand their basics to know the real meaning of these two marketing strategies.
Millions of people all over the world prefer to visit the web and mobile centers to know about more brands and their services. Hence, the power of the latest new media should never be underestimated. The involvement of social campaigns and videos has completely revolutionized the media world.
Right through this guide, we will have a quick discussion about the detailed comparison between two modes of digital marketing, native advertising vs. content marketing. Let’s get into the discussion below!
Introduction about Content Marketing
Being the strategic marketing technique, the process of content marketing helps create consistent and informative content for driving more traffic. Hence the primary focus will neglect the big advertising claims, but it is all known to be an ongoing storytelling process. Its main aim is just to provide valuable and accurate information to the targeted audience.
It is vital to provide content that is valuable in high-quality to build a long-term relationship with your customer. This will often help your brand to increase brand awareness, change perception and perform an accurate market positioning. According to the recent study, the top 3 metrics of interests are click-throughs (83%), and social shares (70%) as well as awareness (61%).
What should you know about Native Marketing?
Discussion about native marketing is identified as the form of online marketing which is distributing the branded content and hence enabling the required discovery through the consumer. In this way, it will permit the marketers to successfully promote the content in the editorial feed.
This process of native marketing is acting as a connection between publishers and advertisers. Advertisers will be paid for the ads, and the content is displayed just to increase visibility. Plus, publishers will be monetizing their websites. According to a recent survey, native marketing has increased in the market to almost 74% and is expected to get triple by the end of 2021.
List of Features of Native Advertising vs. Content Marketing Difference
Now we will discuss the main elements which highlight Native Advertising vs. Content Marketing difference:
Different no 1: Marketing goals
- It plays an important role in giving your brand image a powerful look by incorporating the whole content into an attractive look. All it is aiming for is to improve your brand representation.
- Plus, it even helps to extend the brand reach to target more audiences at a maximum level.
- It even provides the basic information at each step of your buying cycle.
- You will be known as the influencer in your category. In short, you will be a technical expert.
- It expands the reach of the audience by leveraging the audience existing in third-party media.
- Plus, it equally helps to drive sales and lead generation. It offers sales-focused information which is associated with the third-party media’s editorial.
- Makes the use of third-party media entities for taking advantage of reaching the maximum reader.
Different no 2: Marketing channels
- Other offline media channels
- The third-party online
- Third-party offline
- Social media channels
Difference no 3: Benefits
- Through the use of content marketing, you are adding your business with the assets which are based on some tangible benefit. For targeting existing customers, it will always work in your favor.
- Customers always ignore the promotion. It’s a complete turn-off for them. Content marketing is effective in providing informative material to the audience who is actively seeking it.
- Native marketing has a broader reach. They work along with the third-party media entities, which are having larger audiences as compared to most businesses.
- It even leverages the existing audience. This native marketing has the ability where it is presenting the information for the audience to build its audience at a low cost and work.
Difference no 4: Challenges
- Content marketing is having a lack of broad reach. Most of the companies are having a small base of customers and prospects. If the companies want to add some customers to their email files, they have to ask their permission.
- Native marketing is known as a promotion that most people did not like. As much distinction will be present between the editorial content and advertising on the third party media, the more it will let the readers avoid it.
- For some users, it is just an ad that they have to skip at any cost.
Difference no 5: Resources
- They always require the need of content creators. Content marketing can easily be developed with the help of customers, agencies, freelancers, or employees. This will hence require both the people and budget.
- Content marketing also requires content optimization. It is important to give your content a compelling look for both the people and search engines. This will entail technology, copyediting, and images.
- They will require some advertising budget. Hence, they are all the time seeking some financial support.
- No matter whether it is the third-party media or the agency, content has to be developed. As it is part of a media entity, therefore, there is a need to create it. Possibly there will be some additional cost for it.
Comparison between Native Advertising vs. Content Marketing
Here we have a tabular form discussion about the comparison between Native Advertising vs. Content Marketing:
|FEATURES||CONTENT MARKETING||NATIVE MARKETING|
|Goals||Brand awareness, search engine rankings, conversions||Social engagement and brand awareness|
|KPIs||Excellent links, total social shares, number of leads||Site traffic, social engagement, campaign views|
|Channels||27 of average publisher stories||1 publisher partner|
|Benefits||Drive huge brand awareness, optimize the conversions, increase the organic rankings||Drive the brand awareness, driving the brand engagement|
|Challenges||I needed some long term investment||Costly, lacking in SEO benefits|
To sum up the whole discussion, we will state that both native marketing and content marketing help provide informative content. But they are differing from one another when it comes to targeting audiences and using different media channels.
In simple native marketing acts as the paid message with the promotional intent. But content marketing works as a non-promotional strategy. By executing it perfectly, you can attract the maximum audience through both marketing procedures.
Choose the best one and take the next step towards successful brand growth on the digital platform.