Today’s generation and the current customer era have become so conscious about choosing the product or any service. They want to know whether their selected product is of high quality or not. Therefore, they prefer to do deep research before making any sort of commitment. It eventually means that your brand/company will face some high competitors.
But don’t worry at all because it is opening some new doorways for you to reach potential customers at every single stage of their decision-making processing. By understanding the basic buyer’s persona, you can have complete insight into their physiology, prospects, how you can meet their needs, and much more.
What is the meaning of Buyer’s Journey?
As we define the term buyer journey, it summarizes the customer’s path towards the purchase. During this whole journey, you will research a specific problem, find its potential solution, and then opt for the best one.
It would not be wrong to say that in the current era, more customers are accessing the world of the internet as it was before. In this way, they can compare the products or services you offer with the competitor brands. Plus, you do have the opportunity in which you can win their satisfaction and trust before they move to your competitor.
Importance of Understanding Customers’ Buyer’s Journey
Through the buyer’s journey, you can get an idea of what sort of questions a customer will ask you while purchasing your service. They will come to you with the hope that you will answer the question of a problem you have been facing. If you fully know what your personas have been in search of at every single stage of the journey, you will be able to create content that is better to meet all their needs.
Many agencies focus their advertising efforts at the backside of the income funnel and attempt to attain clients when they are geared up to make a buy decision. However, there are many possibilities to win a customer’s faith and enterprise greater up in the funnel. After all, 96% of website visitors are not even in the selection stage.
If you can earn a prospect’s belief early on, you can use it later yourself as the answer to their hassle when they are prepared to make a buy decision. By asking the right questions at some point at every stage of the buyer’s journey, you can elevate the first-class of your leads and get a higher return on your advertising efforts.
What Stages are involved in Company’s Buyer’s Journey?
In case you are not able to get an intimate understanding of any buyer, then the best solution would be to conduct interviews with the prospects. You can also arrange interviews with the customers or the salespeople who are part of your company. This will enable you to get an idea about what the buying journey is all about.
Below are a few of the questions which you need to ask to completely put together the buyer’s journey for the company. Let’s discuss customer buying journey stages one by one:
1. Awareness Stage
When it comes to the awareness stage, buyers will be identifying all the challenges or any opportunity which they want to pursue. Plus, they even build a final decision about whether the challenge or the goal is their priority or not. For completely understanding the awareness stage for the buyer, you should ask yourself:
- How will buyers be describing their challenges and goals?
- How will a buyer educate themselves on certain challenges and goals?
- What sort of consequences will appear on the inaction by buyers?
- What sort of misconceptions a buyer has about addressing of a certain challenge or a goal?
- How will a buyer get to know that whether a goal or a challenge has to be prioritized?
2. Consideration Stage
Next, we have the consideration stage in which the buyer has explained all its challenges and goals and has even committed to addressing them all. Plus, they will be evaluating various approaches or methods for pursuing goals or solving any challenge. You should ask yourself:
- What sort of solution categories will be investigated by the buyers?
- How will the buyers educate themselves on different categories?
- How will the buyers perceive the pros and cons of all categories?
- How will buyers be able to know which category is best for them?
3. Decision Stage
The third stage is the decision stage, in which the buyer has already decided upon the solution category. For instance, a buyer can either write with a list of certain pros and cons of few offerings. Later on, they will choose the one which meets their requirements and needs the best. For defining the decision stage, you should ask yourself certain questions such as:
- What criterion is followed by the buyers for the evaluation of the accessible offerings?
- As the buyer will be investigating the company offers, what they like the most as compared to other alternatives? What sort of concerns will they develop with your offerings?
- Who can become a part of the decision? For all the persons involved, how will their perspectives be differing in the decision?
- Are there any expectations which a buyer is having before they purchase anything?
- Apart from the purchasing, does the buyer have to make any extra preparations, including training strategies or implementation plans?
How can you implement the Buyer’s Journey in the Marketing Plan?
Before you plan to implement the buyer’s journey in your marketing strategy, it is important to have clear know-how about the customer buying journey stages. You should know who your target audience is. This can be made possible by downloading the free buyer persona worksheet. This worksheet will assist you in identifying any sort of pain points as well as characteristics of each of the buyer persona who is using your business. You should create content that is suited according to your needs. Hence, you can move them steadily into the buyer’s journey.